Medical Science Liaison (South) – global Pharmaceutical company!
We are delighted to be partnering with a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical needs. They seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world.
They are currently looking for an MSL to cover the South of the UK working within the liver therapy area medical team. The role of the MSL will be to educate HCPs and work with the NHS to improve the diagnosis and referral and management pathways for patients with advanced liver disease.
The Medical Science Liaison responsibilities will include:
* Partnering with the NHS to shape / improve the primary care diagnosis and referral pathways for patients with advanced liver disease
* Utilizing scientific resources to deliver impactful scientific exchange and presentations in a variety of different settings to educate HCPs and Commissioners in line with the ABPI Code of Practice
* Establishing strong relationships with opinion leaders and care providers in the primary care setting
* Through collaboration with opinion leaders and other key stakeholders, identifying and developing appropriate projects that support and drive the medical plan
* Traveling to appointments, meetings and conferences across the UK and Ireland on a regular basis, will be expected to travel to the affiliate office in London monthly and to attend international meetings periodically
The ideal candidate will have/ be:
* Experience as a MS/MSL within primary care strongly preferred, with background in the areas of diabetes and/or metabolic diseases desirable.
* A good scientific appraisal skill and be committed to continuing education to maintain knowledge base
* Experience partnering with the NHS on joint working projects desirable
* Clinical patient contact experience, and/or higher Science/Medical based degree (e.g. MSc, PhD, PharmD, MBBS) desirable
To apply please send your CV through via this website or contact Emma Thomas/Danny Walsh in our Manchester office.
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven’t heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven’t been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.