Sylvester Stallone Is Being Investigated by Los Angeles DA for Alleged Sex Crime


On Wednesday, the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office said that it is reviewing an alleged sex-crime case against Sylvester Stallone. The case stems from last November, when an unnamed woman filed a report against the actor, alleging that he sexually assaulted her in the 1990s. Stallone, through a spokesperson, denied the allegations.

The Santa Monica Police Department brought the case to the D.A.’s office, according to CNN. Stallone’s attorney, Martin Singer, told the news outlet that his client “categorically denies the allegations.”

“It’s outrageous that the D.A.’s office and P.D. would announce this information because it makes the public think that there’s something there,” he continued, adding that Stallone and the unnamed woman allegedly had a consensual relationship in the 1980s. “It’s not appropriate to try to ruin someone by doing this.”

In a statement to the New York Post, Singer said the D.A. is attempting to appeal to “the #MeToo generation” by broadcasting the case. “You don’t see police or the D.A.’s office issuing statements about everybody who files a police report—people would get ruined,” he said. “Why go to the media? Why not do the investigation first?”

As CNN notes, the state of California ended the statute of limitations on certain sex crimes back in 2016. However, the new rule only applies to crimes committed after the start of 2017, which means this case falls outside of those peripheries.

This is not the first time Stallone, 71, has been accused of sexual assault. Prior to this allegation, he was accused last year of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl in 1986. A police report was apparently filed, but the alleged victim reportedly declined to press charges. Las Vegas police told The Hollywood Reporter that an alleged copy of the report looked authentic, but there was no file of it on record. Stallone denied the claims.

“This is a ridiculous, categorically false story," Michelle Bega, the actor’s rep, said in a statement to T.H.R. “No one was ever aware of this story until it was published today, including Mr. Stallone. At no time was Mr. Stallone ever contacted by any authorities or anyone else regarding this matter.”

Stallone, most famous for starring in the Rocky and Rambo franchises, hasn’t slowed down in recent years; he was nominated for a supporting-actor Oscar in 2016 for Creed, and currently has a slew of films in the works, including Creed II and a possible Rambo 5.

Get Vanity Fair’s HWD Newsletter
Sign up for essential industry and award news from Hollywood.

Full ScreenPhotos:The Must-See Looks from the 2018 Tony Awards Red Carpet

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link


About us

Leverage agile frameworks to provide a robust synopsis for high level overviews. Iterative approaches to corporate strategy foster collaborative thinking to further the overall value proposition. Organically grow the holistic world view of disruptive innovation via workplace diversity and empowerment.


CONTACT US